The bride’s mother stared out her bedroom window at the pouring rain and under her breath said, “The best laid plans. . . “ This was her only daughter’s wedding day and I could see the disappointment in her eyes. After all, it’s not supposed to rain in San Diego in July!
A hurricane off the Southern Baja coast was pushing north dumping 3 inches of rain on pour little San Diego. It’s true what they say about Southern Californians… We freak out with rain. We can’t drive, we don’t own umbrellas, and when water touches our heads we act like it’s fire falling from the sky!
Anybody can design, coordinate, cater, photograph, and entertain when the conditions are perfect. Real professionals however are put to the test when the weather goes south and sheets of rain blow through. Fortunately for the bride Darielle, the groom Alan, their families and 250 of their closest friends, they experienced a truly remarkable wedding thanks to their wedding planner Victoria Schroeder of Victoria Weddings and Events and the dedicated professionals at Coasterra, the just completed bay front restaurant and venue by the Cohn Restaurant Group.
- Victoria’s designs included the use of ghost chairs, and a round dance floor that complimented the hand blown glass chandeliers.
- Alexandra Wise from Blush Botanicals used a combination of clear glass cylinders, floating candles and blush tones that softened Coasterra’s somewhat industrial feel.
- Chef Deborah Scott created a custom menu including some of the family’s favorite items from Island Prime as well as Chef Deborah’s famous warm pop over rolls, and the gianormous mud pie served family style.
- Bonnie Foster of Bonnie Foster Productions blew the house away with hours of continuous non-stop entertainment.
- Thanks also to Michele Martin of M-Bride. Darielle wore Eudora by Ines Di Santo. Darielle gets the “coolest bride of the year “ award for while wearing this gown that frankly needed it’s own zip code, she was so happy to marry the man of her dreams, she showed absolutely no concern that the her dress got a little wet during our photo shoots.
In spite of what could have been a disaster, the end result was a fantastic wedding. Here’s a taste…
Paul Barnett Photography
For more information about San Diego Photography by Paul Barnett please contact us at email@example.com or give us a call at 619-285-1207. San Diego Wedding Photographer Paul Barnett specializes in San Diego Wedding Photography.